Cost to Refinish a Bathtub in Charlotte NC
The following information is an extract from Homewyse.
For a basic 1 refinishing project in zip code 47474, the benchmark cost to Refinish Bathtub ranges between $441 - $991 per refinishing.
Notes and General Information
These estimates are for BASIC work performed in serviceable conditions by qualified trade professionals using MID GRADE materials. Work not mentioned on this page and/or work using master craftsman, premium materials and project supervision will result in HIGHER COSTS!
These estimates are NOT substitutes for written quotes from trade professionals. Homewyse strongly recommends that you contact reputable professionals for accurate assessments of work required and costs for your project - before making any decisions or commitments.
The cost estimate includes:
- Costs for local material / equipment delivery to and service provider transportation to and from the job site.
- Costs to prepare the worksite for Refinishing Bathtubs, including costs to protect existing structure(s), finishes, materials and components.
- Costs for job cleanup and debris removal at project completion.
- Labor setup time, mobilization time and minimum hourly charges that are commonly included for small Refinishing Bathtubs jobs.
The cost estimate does NOT include:
- Costs for removing, relocating, repairing, or modifying existing framing, surfacing, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems - or bringing those systems into compliance with current building codes.
- Costs for testing and remediation of hazardous materials (asbestos, lead, etc).
- General contractor overhead and markup for organizing and supervising the Refinishing Bathtubs. Add 15% to 23% to the total cost above if a general contractor will supervise this project.
- Sales tax on materials and supplies.
- Permit or inspection fees (or portion thereof) required by your local building department for your overall project.
Article Source: Homewyse
If you live in the Charlotte area then click here if you would like to know more about refinishing your bathtub.
Some Ideas to Give Your Bathroom a Facelift
Countertops can be made of stone, wood, acrylic, concrete, laminate, tile, or other materials. They come in various colors and textures to create different moods. Drawers and cabinets can be straight or curved and are made from a variety of woods or laminates. Sinks can sit above or below the counter. They can be oval or rectangular, and they can be made of porcelain, copper, glass, stone, stainless steel, or composites.
It is very important to consider the way the door fastens. Different manufacturers use different methods like zippers, Velcro and even buttons. You can pick one based on your limitations. Height of the door is also a very important consideration. The size of some doors is very small and can be difficult to use, while some doors are designed to allow independent transfers from a wheelchair. You can select the type that suits your specific needs.
Install cabinets below the bathroom sink or vanity to give you more storage. You can also create shelves above your bathtub to store body wash, decorative items, and shampoos. If it is just a bathtub with no shower you could also put extra towels and washcloths there. For dirty towels you could put a wicker basket under the sink. You can also put a small cabinet in the hallway near your master bath to store extra supplies.
If you are thinking about refinishing your bathtub then Bathtub Makeover Wizards are worth contacting.
Besides the choice of single bathroom vanities that may be guided by the desire for the contemporary or traditional, glass or antique, an overall plan of action would have to be worked out. Since bathroom spaces are often small in keeping with traditions that existed for centuries till society became conscious of the need to expand and diversify bathroom facilities, a lighter single color scheme would work best to arouse a depth of space. Besides, since we want everything uncluttered in a spick and span appearance, the less furniture the better.
If you have a simple, small bathroom with a standard layout, you can achieve a beautiful looking shower too. Set the white tile to cover half of bathroom walls, along with black linear tile. For easy access, build the shower without threshold.
You can get into a walk-in bathtub easily because of the entrance door. The door makes entering the bathtub easy as well as safe. Usually, it is ideal for old people or someone who has difficulty getting into a standard bathtub. It has special seats and hand-bars for helping people get up. When you buy a walk-in bathtub, make sure that it has a quick draining facility to drain the water.